The Epiphone Les Paul Standard ’50s model is part of the “Inspired by Gibson” collection. With a mahogany body, AAA maple top, set neck with block inlays and dual ProBucker pickups, this Standard looks like a time-traveler from Kalamazoo, straight from ’58. If you want a vintage ’Paul without the exorbitant price, the Epiphone Les Paul Standard cops the vibe and sound and may become your day-to-day player.
The Les Paul Standard ’50s: powered by ProBuckers
Epiphone’s ProBucker pickups are based on the most sought-after humbuckers in Gibson’s history—the mighty “Patent Applied For.” The Les Paul Standard ’50s features two ProBuckers with a similar warm and fat tone.
The Les Paul Standard ’50s AAA maple top
A gloss finish highlights the flame on the guitar’s AAA maple top. Don’t expect modern weight relief—this is a ’50s Standard. It’s made with mahogany. You’ll feel it, and it’s worth it.
Epiphone’s Neck and updated Headstock
The mahogany neck is set with a long tenon joint for increased sustain. It has a ’59 rounded medium C-profile—if you prefer a slightly thicker neck that’s not a baseball bat, you’ll feel right at home. The updated headstock gives the ’50s Les Paul Standard a new identity that fits with its vintage styling. The Epiphone logo is inlayed with mother of pearl.
Other ’50’s specs from Epiphone
The Les Paul Standard utilizes ’50s-style wiring, dual volume and tone controls with gold top hat knobs, trapezoid fret markers and vintage deluxe tuners.
The Les Paul Standard ’50s is the Epiphone to get for vintage style and sound.
Over the past 6 decades, the Les Paul Standard has reached iconic status, and for good reason. If you want a killer-looking ’Paul with vintage features, the Epiphone Les Paul Standard ’50s is a winner.
- Mahogany body with AAA flame maple top for increased high-end pop
- Mahogany neck with long tenon for stability and increased sustain
- ’59 Rounded medium C-shape profile that is substantial but not unwieldy, 22-fret Indian laurel fretboard with 12″ radius for bending ease4
- 2 Epiphone ProBucker pickups with 3-way selector and dual volume and tone controls for a vast array of sounds
- Lock Tone stop bar tailpiece and ABR-1 bridge for increased sustain, Epiphone Vintage Deluxe tuners, Graph Tech nut for a harmonically rich and balanced tone