PCM Sounds Onboard
One of the key features that sets the RMP-5 apart from other rhythm trainers is its built-in sound engine. Now you can practice in style by selecting from the dozens of onboard PCM instruments inside the RMP-5. In addition to the acoustic sound of your sticks on the mesh pad, the RMP-5 lets you trigger a variety of high-quality, internal snare drum samples, hi-hats, ride cymbals, and percussion instruments. You can also choose from a menu of metronome sounds, including a standard click, human-voice count, rhythmic patterns, and more.
Advanced Rhythm Coach
As a free-standing practice pad and electronic drum, the RMP-5 is a pleasure to play, but when it comes to improving your abilities as a drummer, it’s the onboard Rhythm Coach that really makes this instrument shine. When activated, the Rhythm Coach challenges drummers in a fun and friendly way with functions such as Time Check, Auto Up/Down, and Stroke Balance to help develop consistent stick technique. As an added bonus, the Time Check and Stroke Balance exercises can be used simultaneously for a dual-power workout. The Rhythm Coach can even grade your performance, so you can chart your progress.
Drum Kit Expansion
The RMP-5 provides a dual-trigger input that can be used to connect Roland’s KD-8 kick and CY-8 cymbal controllers (optional). All together, these three components form the nucleus of a small electronic drum kit. Now you can train not only your hands, but your feet as well. The RMP-5 provides the sounds for each pad, so you can play complete grooves either solo, along with the Rhythm Coach, or with external audio (such as CD players) connected to the RMP-5’s External Audio input.
Rhythm Coach function Time Check
Your ability will increase rapidly with the advanced Rhythm Coach function.
How consistent is your timing? The RMP-5’s built-in Rhythm Coach offers exercises that will turn sloppy patterns into air-tight grooves.
Rhythm Coach grades your performances, so you can keep track of your progress — no guesswork involved.
The RMP-5’s onscreen meter can display the strength of each drum stroke. Improve your stick control dramatically with this handy visual gauge.
- Pad Size 8 inches
- Pad Sounds 54 types
- Tempo 20–300
- Click Sounds 15 types
- Rhythm Types 24 types
- Patterns 22 types
- Beat 24 types
- Rhythm Coach Functions TIME CHECK (8 variations)
- ACCURACY SCORE (4 variations)
- QUIET COUNT (6 variations)
- AUTO UP/DOWN (6 variations)
- RHYTHMIC NOTES (3 variations)
- STROKE BALANCE (2 variations)
- Connectors PHONES/OUTPUT Jack: 1 (Stereo miniature phone type)
- AC Adaptor Jack
- MIX IN Jack: 1 (Miniature phone type)
- EXT TRIG IN Jack: 1 (Dual)
- Using the PCS-31L, you can connect two pads. In that case, the rim shot, edge shot, and choking features are unavailable.
- Power Supply DC 9 V: Dry Battery 6LR61/1604A (9 V) type (alkaline), AC Adaptor
- Current Draw 80 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use:
- Carbon: 1 hour
- Alkaline: 4 hours
- These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- Screw for mounting on stands M8
- Accessories Dry Battery 6LR61/1604A (9 V) type (alkaline)
- Tuning Key
- Owner’s Manual
- Options AC Adaptor: BOSS PSA series
- Pad Stand: PDS-2
- Pad Cable: PCS-31L
- Pads (PD-8, PD-85BK/WT, PD-105BK/WT, PD-125BK/WT)
- Cymbals (CY-8, CY-12R/C, CY-14C, CY-15R)
- Kick Triggers (KD-8, KD-7, KD-85BK/WT, KD-120BK/WT)
- Drum Triggers (RT-3T、RT-5S、RT-7K)