Piano quality only possible from Yamaha
Yamaha’s unique Pure CF Sound Engine is the result of over a century of acoustic piano craftsmanship combined with state-of-the-art technology and expertise.
Yamaha is the industry leader in digital piano technology, and you can hear this in the sound of digital pianos that utilise the Pure CF engine. P-121 includes the sound of the renowned Yamaha CFIIIS 9′ concert grand piano and is faithfully reproduced, allowing for incredible dynamics and expressiveness making Pure CF equipped digital pianos worthy of the Yamaha name.
A Graded Hammer Standard (GHS) 73-key piano keyboard provides a heavier touch in the low end and lighter touch in the high end, and is similar to the acoustic piano.
Authentic Piano performance space
The newly improved 2-way speaker system produces an expansive piano sound in both upward and downward directions.
This enables the player to enjoy a rich sound field as though you were sitting in front of an acoustic piano.
The Stereophonic Optimizer—a new kind of headphone experience
When using headphones, the Stereophonic Optimizer lets players enjoy the same dispersed sound heard when sitting in front of an acoustic piano. With the Stereophonic Optimizer, Voices sampled from acoustic pianos appear to come from the body of the instrument.
This provides a comfortable, natural experience that eliminates the downsides of performing with headphones.
Go and Play—Anywhere
The P-121 is light and compact for easy portability.
Optimal sound on the table
The new “table EQ” feature enables the player to maintain optimal acoustics, so even if you play on a hard, flat surface, you can get the best possible sound.
- Width : 1114mm
- Height : 166mm
- Depth : 295mm
- Weight : 10.0kg
- Keyboard : Number of Keys : 73
- Type : Graded hammer standard (GHS) keyboard, matte finish on black keys
- Touch Sensitivity : Hard/medium/soft/fixed
- Language : English
- Tone Generation : Piano Sound : Pure CF Sound Engine
- Polyphony :
- Number of Polyphony (Max.) : 192
- Number of Voices : 24
- Reverb : Yes (four types)
- Intelligent Acoustic Control (IAC) : Yes
- Damper Resonance : Yes
- SOUND BOOST : Yes
- Functions : Dual/Layers Yes
- Split : Yes
- Duo : Yes
- Number of Preset Songs : 21 demo songs and 50 piano songs
- Recording : Number of Songs : 1
- Number of Tracks : 2
- Data Capacity : 100 KB per song (approx. 11,000 notes)
- Compatible Data Format
- Playback : SMF (format 0, format 1)
- Recording : SMF (format 0)
- Metronome Yes
- Tempo Range : 5 – 280
- Transpose : -6 to 0,0 to +6
- Tuning : 414.8 – 440.0 – 446.8 Hz
- Rhythm : 20
- Storage and Connectivity
- Connectivity : DC IN DC IN 12 V
- Headphones : Standard x 2
- Sustain Pedal : Yes (Half pedal available with optional FC3A)
- Pedal Unit : Yes (Optional)
- MIDI : No
- AUX OUT : [L/L+R][R]
- USB TO HOST : Yes
Amplifiers and Speakers
- Amplifiers : 7 W x 2
- Speakers : 12 cm x 2 + 4 cm x 2
- Power Supply : PA-150B or other Yamaha-preferred parts
- Power Consumption : 9 W (using PA-150 power adapter)
- Auto Power : Off
- Function : Yes
- Music Rest: Yes
- Pedal/Footswitch: Yes