The Les Paul Classic from the new Epiphone Modern Collection presents the world’s most popular electric guitar at a price anyone can afford. Featuring the classic look of a late 50s Les Paul Standard with open-coil “zebra” Alnico Classic PRO humbuckers with CTS electronics, coil-splitting via both volume knobs and phase switching via one tone knob, and Grover Rotomatic machine heads.
Epiphone Les Paul Classic Electric Guitar Features
- Solid Mahogany Les Paul body with Plain Maple Cap
- Slim-Taper Neck with Indian Laurel fingerboard
- Alnico Classic PRO humbucking pickups in open-coil “zebra” layout
- Alnico Classic PRO pickups in both the neck and bridge position
- LockTone Tune-o-matic Bridge
The Epiphone Les Paul Classic is equipped with a pair of Alnico Classic PRO humbuckers, which takes the core template of an Epiphone ProBucker and kicks up the output for a bit more presence in the mids and highs due to the Alnico-V magnets. The open-coil configuration shows off the classic white-and-black ‘zebra’ look that has come to define the Les Paul Classic in its many forms.
With an Alnico Classic PRO humbucker in both the neck position and the bridge position, the Epiphone Les Paul Classic will channel the vibe of vintage-style Gibson PAF pickups, but with a twist. You’re getting a bit more output with a reinforced higher end, which guides the tonal palette in a bit more of a modern direction. The Epiphone Les Paul Classic really does mix vintage and contemporary in just the right ratios!
The engineers at Epiphone really put in tons of work researching and experimenting with these pickups, so they could hand-pick the right vintage tonal characteristics worthy of their original counterparts. The fine details have all been taken into account.
The Les Paul has dominated the guitar landscape for over 60 years and the Epiphone Les Paul Classic is the next wonderful instrument in this amazing guitar lineup! It is a beacon of consistency, looks great, plays great, and is an incredible value, checking all necessary boxes required for a trusty guitar that’s needed for the journey!
Epiphone Les Paul Classic Electric Guitar Specifications
- Shape: Les Paul
- Material: Mahogany
- Top: Plain Maple Cap
- Binding: Cream (neck and body)
- Neck: Mahogany
- Profile: Slim Taper
- Nut width: 1.693″ / 43 mm
- Fingerboard: Indian Laurel
- Scale length: 24.75″ / 628.65mm
- Number of frets: 22
- Nut: Graph Tech
- Inlay: Trapezoid
- Bridge: LockTone Tune-O-Matic
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Knobs: Gold with nickel insert
- Tuners: Grover Rotomatic with 18:1 ratio
- Plating: Nickel
- Neck pickup: Alnico Classic PRO humbuckers
- Bridge pickup: Alnico Classic PRO humbuckers
- Controls: 2 Volumes (each with push/pull), 2 Tones (1 with push/pull phase switching) & 1 Toggle Switch, CTS electronics