A working musician’s 5-string from the legendary genius of Leo Fender and G&L.
When Leo Fender launched the G&L L-2000 bass in 1980, it was clear he was ready to make history all over again. Never before had such a wide range of tones come from a single bass, and today the L-2500 packs all the features of the latest L-2000 into a 5-string.
Like its L-2000 brother, the foundation of the L-2500 is a pair of G&L Magnetic Field Design humbuckers backed by the flexible Tri-Tone control system, providing the sort of versatility that’ll let you find your tone no matter what kind of bass line you’re laying down. The Tri-Tone system features a trio of mini toggles for pickup selection, series/parallel signal routing and active/passive operation, as well as a trio of knobs for volume, treble and bass. With all that under the hood, the L-2500 brings the kind of chops that’ll fit in any situation, from classic R&B to power-packed rock to poppin’ funk. What’s more, the L-2500 features an innovative Leo Fender-designed Saddle-Lock bridge to transfer string energy right into the body end-grain for an incredibly resonant instrument.
The Tribute Series L-2500 delivers the magic of Leo’s revolutionary design at a price attainable for every working musician.
- 34″ Scale
- Two Leo Fender-designed G&L MFD humbucking pickups made in Fullerton, California
- Swamp Ash body
- Hard-Rock Maple neck with Rosewood fingerboard
- Medium C shape neck
- 22 Medium jumbo frets, nickel
- Traditional open-back tuning keys
- Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle-Lock bridge
- Tri-Tone system with 3-position pickup selector, series/parallel switch, 3-position pre-amp mode switch, volume, treble, bass
- Case sold separately