MIDI-based musicians — are you ready to expand your performance horizons,we are excited to introduce the Nektar Impact GXP61. Nektar has created a new instrument category here: an advanced 61-note MIDI controller with full-sized, semi-weighted velocity- and aftertouch-sensing keys and everything else you need in a serious studio or stage controller keyboard. The Impact GXP61 ticks all the boxes — proper pitch and mod wheels; dual-footswitch and expression pedal jacks; selectable velocity curves; 14 RGB LED buttons; 5-pin MIDI out; USB bus power; and more.
Aftertouch for expressive performances
Not every keyboardist needs or wants piano-weighted keys. The Impact GXP61’s newly designed and carefully balanced semi-weighted keyboard action feels great for playing virtual drums, synths, and orchestral instruments as well as piano. And it’s got aftertouch — a rare commodity in this price range — which allows you to lean into your notes for tasty vibrato, filter sweeps, or whatever you have it assigned to. And all this advanced functionality is packed into a sleek, compact, gig-ready lightweight chassis that looks fantastic in your studio or stage rig.
Advanced DAW integration that just works
The Impact GXP61’s streamlined control panel is based on Nektar’s successful Impact GX series, and in keeping with Nektar’s advanced DAW integration philosophy, it offers extended transport control, track selection, and volume control as well as options to open and close DAW windows and navigate songs. For those who have never used a Nektar controller, the best news is that this is all automatic. You simply download and install the free DAW Integration file for your DAW and voilà — everything just works!
Assignable illuminated RGB buttons
What’s more, GXP61’s user interface also has 14 assignable illuminated RGB buttons for direct MIDI program- and bank-selection. Nektar’s new Key Repeat engine adds an intuitive real-time tool for spicing your music with inspired rhythmic patterns. You can control the Repeat feature directly from the GXP61’s illuminated RGB buttons. Once Repeat mode is engaged, the buttons allow for direct selection of Repeat Rates, Accent, Interval, Swing, and routing aftertouch or modulation to velocity. While Repeat is active, the second encoder becomes a dedicated tempo control, unless you’ve set synchronization to external MIDI clock.
Nektar Impact GXP61 Keyboard Controller Product Features:
- 61-note full-sized keybed with velocity and aftertouch
- 4 velocity curves + 3 fixed settings
- 14 RGB LED buttons for MIDI, note repeat, and Nektarine features
- Pitch Bend and Modulation wheels
- Push-push encoder for note repeat tempo control and Nektarine features
- Octave up/down buttons with LED indicators
- Transpose up/down buttons with LED indicators; assignable to other functions
- 7 transport buttons for advanced Nektar DAW integration (MIDI assignable)
- Shift button activate transport buttons secondary level for a total of 14 accessible buttons
- 5-pin MIDI Output jack
- 1/4-inch TRS jack for connection of 2 footswitches
- 1/4-inch TRS expression pedal jack
- 1 MIDI-assignable potentiometer
- Note Repeat button with LED tempo indicator
- Note Repeat Function button
- Nektarine plug-in control software included (downloadable)
- Cubase LE and Retrologue included
- Nektar DAW Integration for Impact GXP88 currently supports Bitwig, Cubase, Digital Performer, Logic, GarageBand, Nuendo, Reaper, Reason, Sonar, Studio One
- USB port; USB bus powered
- 9V DC power socket for optional PSU