The original Silver Sky was designed in conjunction with John Mayer to elevate a familiar guitar aesthetic with PRS Guitars' world-renowned innovation. That collaboration is now making its way into the SE line with the goal of delivering a more affordable version of the Silver Sky — with all the same PRS quality! The SE Silver Sky features a lightweight poplar body loaded with a trio of 635JM “S” pickups to deliver all the glassy highs and round bottom end that you’d expect out of a classic three single-coil configuration. While the original Silver Sky kept the original 7.25-inch radius of its inspiration, the SE Silver Sky's maple/rosewood neck offers a slightly modernized 8.5-inch radius that feels vintage, but injects a dose of modern playability. Since their inception, PRS has been known to push the boundaries of guitar design. The Silver Sky SE combines that philosophy with a deep respect for tradition, resulting in a high-performance, vintage-style model of the highest caliber — but at a wallet-friendly price!
PRS SE Silver Sky Electric Guitar Features:
- Vintage-inspired guitar based on John Mayer’s early-'60s instruments
- Familiar shape with an eye-catching contrasting tone in its cutaway scoop
- Lightweight poplar body
- Comfortable 635JM neck carve designed in collaboration with John Mayer
- Sturdy maple neck with a beautiful rosewood fingerboard
- 5-inch fingerboard radius for vintage feel with a modern touch
- 3 x 635JM single coils that produce glassy highs and full low-end punch
- Reliable 2-point steel tremolo
- Gig bag included
- Body Construction:Solidbody
- Body Wood:Poplar
- Top Carve:Flat Top
- Number of Frets:22
- Scale Length:25.5"
- Neck Wood:Maple
- Neck Construction:Multi-Ply
- Truss Rod:PRS Double-Acting
- Neck Shape:635JM
- Neck Depth At The Nut:53/64"
- Width Of Fretboard At The Nut:1 20/32"
- Width Of Fretboard At The Body:2 7/32"
- Fretboard Wood:Rosewood
- Fretboard Radius:8.5”
- Fretboard Inlay:Small Birds
- Headstock Logo:Signature "SE", Decal
- Neck/Body Assembly Type:Bolt-On
- Bridge:2-Point Steel Tremolo
- Hardware Type:Nickel
- Nut:Synthetic Bone
- Treble Pickup:635JM “S”
- Middle Pickup:635JM “S”
- Bass Pickup:635JM “S”
- Controls:Volume and Two Tone Controls with 5-Way Blade Pickup Switch
- Strings:PRS Classic 10-46
- Tuning:Standard (6 String): E, A, D, G, B, E