Over 20 years ago, the introduction of the SPD-20 took the world—and especially India—by storm. Legions of Indian musicians embraced the “OCTAPAD” as their primary instrument, and SPD-20 sounds have become the highlight of Bollywood, folk, devotional, and many other live music genres across the country. Designed with the latest Roland percussion technologies and filled with user-requested features, the OCTAPAD SPD-20 PRO takes performance to the next level while fully retaining the core appeal of the classic SPD-20. The OCTAPAD SPD-20 PRO offers the famous eight-pad layout, legendary sounds, and rugged durability of the original SPD-20, newly enhanced with more responsive playability and an updated user interface. There are also new many sounds and kits for the music of India, with instruments like dholak, mridangam, kanjira, halgi, tasha, and more offering natural tones with authentic feel and dynamic response. Easy to carry and compact enough to fit in the tightest spaces, the OCTAPAD SPD-20 PRO delivers everything you need to cover percussion in all music genres and settings, from small indoor functions to large-scale outdoor performances.
- The original SPD-20 sound set, augmented with all-new percussion sounds for a wider sonic palette.
- Authentic instrument sounds from regions all across India let players cover everything from traditional religious music to top-of-the-charts Bollywood songs
- Also includes a broad selection of world percussion, with more than 900 total instruments to choose from
- 200 customizable percussion kits, including 100 ready-to-play presets
- Eight cushioned rubber pads provide even and accurate triggering, improved dynamic response, and excellent isolation between pads
- Four external dual-trigger inputs and a dedicated hi-hat control input allow connection of additional pads and pedals, including a kick pad and hi-hat controller pedal to create a mini drum kit
- Dedicated buttons for adjusting sound-editing parameters while performing
- LCD + LED screens with backlights for easy visibility on dark stages
- USB memory port for backing up settings and kit data
- Designed in Japan and manufactured in Malaysia