Sontronics STC-1 Small Diaphragm Condenser Microphone Overview:
Sontronics STC-1 small-diaphragm cardioid condenser microphone is ideally suited to recording instruments of any kind, from acoustic guitar to flute, trumpet, bongo or violin.
The STC-1 is designed to give outstanding results every time on solo strings, woodwind, brass or percussion instruments as well as guitar and other strummed instruments, and is also perfect for field recording, video and film work, or overhead miking on stage as well as in the studio.
Thanks to its three-stage filter (0, -10, -20dB) and pad (0, 75, 150Hz) switches, the STC-1 is one of the most flexible microphones in its class and gives impressive, professional studio-quality results for an affordable price, regularly outclassing mics that cost many times more.
As well as direct-miking various instruments, the STC-1 is fantastic for overhead and room miking.
Available in matt black/gold or nickel silver/black, the STC-1 is supplied in a velvet-lined wooden box with his mic clip and a foam windshield.
The STC-1 has a fixed cardioid pattern but the capsule head can be removed and replaced. With the OMNI capsule fitted (available separatey), the STC-1 becomes the perfect overhead or room mic, ideal for recording ensemble, drumkit, piano or group vocals. With the HYPER capsule fitted (available separatey), STC-1 takes on a much more focused pickup range, which is ideal for hi-hat, acoustic guitar and harmonica.
The Sontronics STC-1 is an excellent all-rounder, whatever or wherever you’re recording!
- Small-diaphragm condenser mic
- Cardioid pattern
- Ideal for direct-miking instruments and percussion
- With mic clip and foam windshield
- Acoustic guitar and guitar amps
- Solo woodwind & strings
- Sitar, bouzouki and banjo
- String, brass or wind ensemble
- Video/film & field recording
- Foley work
- In pairs for drumkit, overhead & room miking
- Polar pattern: Cardioid (optional OMNI and HYPER capsules available)
- Frequency response: 25Hz – 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 12mV/Pa -36dB ±2dB (0dB = 1V/Pa @ 1,000Hz)
- Impedance: ≤200 Ohms
- Equivalent noise level: 16dB (A-weighted)
- Max SPL: 137dB (for 0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
- Power source: 48V ±4V phantom power required
- Connector: Three-pin XLR
- Dimensions: 162 x 24 x 24mm
- Weight: 214g
- Supplied with: Mic clip, foam windshield