Sontronics STC-1S Matched Pair Condenser Microphones Overview:
Welcome to the world of stereo recording with the STC-1S Pair of small-diaphragm condenser microphones. Used together or singly, they deliver incredibly professional results whether in the studio or live-sound applications, lending themselves to a wide variety of stereo miking techniques.
Whether you’re capturing an upright piano, a string trio, four-piece band, full choir or a symphony orchestra, our STC-1S pair of pencil microphones will sound brilliant every time.
The pair of STC-1 microphones are laboratory matched as a stereo pair and are ideal for use on acoustic guitar and other strummed instruments (such as banjo, bouzouki, sitar, etc) as well as piano, strings, wind or brass ensemble, drumkit, choirs and backing vocals. They also sound fantastic when used as overheads or for room miking.
Thanks to their three-stage pad and filter switches and our Sontronics signature super-smooth high-frequency roll-off, the STC-1S pair are extremely versatile and give outstanding results, regularly outclassing microphones that cost many times more!
The Sontronics STC-1S pair are supplied in a luxury velvet-lined wooden case along with their adjustable stereo mounting bar, two mic clips and two foam windshields.
- Stereo pair of small-diaphragm cardioid condenser mics
- Available in silver or black
- Supplied with adjustable stereo mounting bar
- Acoustic guitar
- Backing vocals
- Choir and orchestra
- String, brass or wind ensemble
- Drum overhead
- Room miking
- Polar pattern: Cardioid (optional OMNI and HYPER capsules available)
- Frequency response: 25Hz – 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 12mV/Pa -36dB ±2dB (0dB = 1V/Pa @ 1,000Hz)
- Impedance: ≤200 Ohms
- Equivalent noise level: 16dB (A-weighted)
- Max SPL: 137dB (for 0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
- Power source: 48V ±4V phantom power required
- Connector: Three-pin XLR
- Dimensions: 162 x 24 x 24mm
- Weight: 214g
- Supplied with: Adjustable stereo mounting bar, 2x mic clips, 2x foam windshields