Sonogenic SHS-500 is a new type of instrument from Yamaha that is perfect for music lovers who want to participate in making music, but maybe haven’t learned how. This Keytar (“Key”board + Gui”tar”) gives you the freedom to dance, jump and move around while you play!
Designed to go with you anywhere
This slim and ultralight instrument weighs less than 1.5kg and can run on batteries, making it extremely portable, and playable anywhere!
Play any type of music
SHS-500 features 30 different instrument Voices. From synthesizers to drums, SHS-500 has the right sound available for you to play any kind of music. The 37 expressive mini keys provide premium feel and reponse for fast, accurate and natural playing.
Live Control at your fingertips
In addition to Pitch Bend and Modulation wheels, SHS-500 also features an assignable knob that lets you control a wide range of effects, giving you extraordinarily expressive, dynamic performance power. You can also assign effect control to your modulation wheel!
SHS-500 has MIDI (mini-DIN) terminal to allow you to connect with an external digital instrument, such as a synthesizer and control the other instrument via MIDI. Connect to your smart device using Bluetooth MIDI*, or a computer via USB for 2-way audio and MIDI.
This function may not be included depending on the country in which you purchased the product.
Turn heads with this stylish, modern and eye-catching instrument!
JAM Function allows you to play along with your favorite music without special musical skill
30 high quality Voices (instrument sounds) with 48-note polyphony
Assignable real-time Control Knob, Pitch Bend and Modulation wheel
USB Audio & MIDI interface
Wireless Bluetooth MIDI connectivity (This function may not be included depending on the country in which you purchased the product.)
Body Color: Black / Red
- Dimensions Width 821 mm
- Height 65 mm
- Depth 121 mm
- Weight Weight 1.5 kg (not including batteries)
- Keyboard Number of Keys 37
- Touch Response Soft, Medium, Hard, Fixed
- Other Controllers Pitch Bend Yes
- Modulation Yes
- Control Knobs Yes
- Display Type LCD
- Language English
- Panel Language English
- Voices Panel Sustain Yes
- Overall Controls Transpose -12 to 0, 0 to +12
- Tuning 427.0 – 440.0 – 453.0 Hz (approx. 0.2Hz increments)
- USB audio interface 44.1 kHz, 16 bit, stereo
- JAM JAM Function (5 mode)
- Tone Generation Tone Generating Technology AWM Stereo Sampling
- Polyphony Number of Polyphony (Max.) 48
- Preset Number of Voices 30
- Types DSP 9 types (assignable on control knobs)
- Master EQ 4 types
- Preset Number of Preset Songs 3
Storage and Connectivity
- Connectivity DC IN 12V
- Headphones Yes (stereo-mini)
- LINE OUT Yes (mono)
- AUX IN Yes (stereo-mini)
- USB TO HOST Yes (MIDI/Audio: 44.1 kHz, 16 bit, stereo)
Amplifiers and Speakers
- Amplifiers 0.7W
- Speakers 3.6 cm
Power Supply AC Adaptors (PA-130 or an equivalent recommended by Yamaha) or batteries (Six “AA” size alkaline (LR6), manganese (R6) or Ni-MH rechargeable (HR6) batteries)
Power Consumption 3W (When using PA-130 AC adaptor)
Auto Power Off Function Yes